In honor of 2012, I've devised a list.
I'm thinking I may skip the resolutions and instead focus on this to do list of sorts.
So without further ado, my 12 for 2012.
12 things I
- Stay in touch better with my family and friends. It's so easy to get caught up in our day to day lives that I forget to connect with those around me and especially those further away. This year I will write letters, send cards, check in on FB, email, and ((gasp))...call those I love!
- Read more. After getting my Thrive for Christmas I downloaded the Nook app and proceeded to read almost a book a day over break. It was awesome. I want to continue this in the new year, taking time to go wherever the books take me.
- Paint every room in our house. After 13 years, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat, our house is in desperate need of some fresh paint. It may have to wait till this summer, but this house is going to get a fresh coat.
- Run a 10K. A couple years ago I did the C25K and ran a few 5K's. Then I stopped. Stopped running races and stopped running, period. I've downloaded a 10K running program and I'm off.
- Lose 10 pounds and then do it three more times. After the last few years watching the scale creep back up, I'm done. It's coming off. That's THAT.
- Blog more. Along the way my blogging has evolved. It went from hobby to work to hobby to extinct. I can't believe that a couple months last year I had exactly 2 posts. I miss my blog and sharing me. So I'm taking it back. I've enjoyed the freedom after letting go of the extreme blogging, but I need to find a happy balance.
- Take more pictures. In my defense October and November were sketchy because I lost my darn camera in NYC, but the other months, no excuses. While I took tons of pictures over the summer, I need to work on capturing the fun during the school year too. I know it's there!
- Visit one state I have never visited before. Anybody want company?
- Take a getaway with my husband. Don't know where, don't know when, but definitely on my list. I love when I get to just hang out with him.
- Play more. My kids will tell you all the time that Daddy is better at playing cause when I'm home I'm always working. Well not this year. I'm giving daddy a run for his money as being the fun parent. Oh yes. I am.
- Relax and take risks. I'm one of those who likes to have a plan for a plan. Order is how I survive, but there are times when I wish I could let my hair down and just go with the flow. I have some big ideas for 2012 and I may just need to let go and jump to see where I can go. Who knows maybe I will fly!
- Social Media Adventures. I've been very excited about some social media experiences I've been given lately. I launched Delaware Beach Families awhile ago and am working on breathing life into it, I am currently working on Delaware Social Media Moms, a site to bring Delaware social media women together, I've arranged some local tweetups and one Beach Bloggin' event, and recently I was offered a social media manager position. I LOVE social media and can't wait to see what it brings this year!
My 12 for 2012.
Posted on January 12, 2012.
I was thinking of posting on 12/12/12, but that would be defeating the purpose I suppose.
Time to start working on crossing things off my list.
Did you create resolutions or something similar this year? Leave me a link so I can come check them out and encourage you.. 2012 is going to be our year!