I'm going themed this week with my lessons learned. Yesterday I went into school to begin setting up my classroom, which led to many learning experiences.
This week I learned that...
- I took it for granted being in the same classroom for 4 years. I spent about 4 hours today putting up material and border on bulletin boards. While my room looks much cheerier now I did not enjoy the sweat pouring off my face as I climbed up and down ladders, fought a stapler, and pieced together borders.
- my stapler stinks! Of course that is entirely my fault. I mean how many times can I drop a stapler from the top of a ladder and expect it to work? Adding a new stapler to my Staples list as I type.
- setting up my classroom is one of my favorite parts of the school year. Everything is so clean, fresh, and organized. The room is just full of promise!
- I have much to do before I'm ready for the school year to begin. My to do list is never ending and as soon as I cross one thing off I swear I'm adding three more things.
but the most important lesson I think I learned this week is...
- I really do love being a teacher and can't wait to discover what this year has in store for me and my students.
By the way, if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you have probably heard me ranting and raving how I still didn't have my student list even though they supposedly were mailed out two weeks ago. Well I'm very happy to report that I got my list yesterday when I went into school. Let's just say it is going to be an AWESOME year. Teachers would pay for my list...well at least I think so. I'm thrilled to actually have 6 of my students that I had in 3rd grade. I can't wait to see how much they have grown...physically, emotionally, and academically.
5th grade is gonna ROCK!!
Don't forget to visit musings of a housewife to read what everybody else learned this week.