This week was incredibly busy, but entirely fun filled as we had family and friends visit us. We did waterparks, the beaches, pools, boating, crabbing, made homemade ice cream sandwiches, ate sushi, played Wii World Tour and just had a fabulous summer vacation. It actually seemed like this past week was my summer vacation.
With all the fun happening there were plenty of lessons to still be learned.
- It takes about 5 days for two kids to become thoroughly exhausted and unable to function when their days are spent with grandparents, uncles, and friends. When they hit this point it is time for a day at home in pj's with absolutely nothing to do in order to save everybodys sanity!
- After spending 8 hours on the water crabbing and coming home with 7 crabs, I have came to the realization that every penny I pay for steamed crabs is worth it. Thank goodness the pizza man came to our rescue. Another lesson learned...I love that pizza delivery man.
- The moment my kids feet touch sand or water the nutrients are sucked right out of them leaving them hungry or starving if you ask them. Whenever we head to the beach I always have a cooler packed and ready to go, but it doesn't matter if we arrive 20 minutes after they finished breakfast they will inevitably be asking to get something out of it the minute we get settled in.
- While making homemade ice cream is a great treat for the whole family, making multiple quarts causing increased consumption of it is definitely not a good thing...so says my scale. Guess who will be back to counting points when school is back in session?
- Life is all about the people you spend it with. There is nothing better than being able to just relax and have fun with family and friends. Smiles, laughter, good conversation...nothing beats it.
- Summer vacation is entirely too short. Where did it go??
Perhaps the most important thing I learned this week is that it is time for me to ease up on blogging and go back to my blogging roots. I shared this lesson in a recent post, Rewind to Simpler Times.
Visit Musings of a Housewife to find out what everybody else learned this week.