I got to the point when everything was just looming in front of me and I couldn't take anything else.
My class is finished with school and I can't blame them because I am too. Everything I have taught them this year has been forgotten. It is like we have gone back in time to our first day together as they forget how to line up, say the pledge appropriately, walk in a line, use an indoor voice, etc, etc. Every year I forget exactly how much I dislike the last couple of days of school! I will survive though. After all there will not be any more Mondays with my students for this school year!
While trying to maintain the zoo that is my classroom, this week I will also be...
- participating in meetings after school every day this week
- organizing our volunteer tea for thirty-some volunteers
- planning the end of year staff party
- putting together 6 gift baskets for retirees, teacher of the year, para of the year, and one baby basket for a teacher who just went out on maternity leave
- holding a Chocolate Factory day in my room for my students families (wait till you see the pictures...you will see why I truly do love teaching)
- printing report cards and a million other grade reports
- completing cumulative folders
- checking special education folders
- oh and did I mention packing up entire room into boxes to move upstairs to a new room for 5th grade?