That means that we are already halfway through 2009! Geez, maybe I better start tackling the Christmas cards.
Time is just flying by. I remember my grandma telling me to enjoy the long days when I would complain that the day was going so slow and I would never grow up. She warned me that one day the days would go by too quickly. Never, I thought. Well, never caught up to me. It seems like the days, weeks, months, years, just seem to pass me by faster and faster. Sometimes I just want to yell "Freeze" to savor the moments.
I must admit though that I am pretty excited about June. June is probably my second most favorite month, right after December. This year is especially exciting because...
- The kids get out of school on the 4th and I get out on the 10th,
- So summer vacation officially begins!
- My 31st b-day is on the 5th. The 31 part I could do without, but bring on the parties. Thursday night we are having a family party with Dave, the kids, and my inlaws, then Friday it's a couples night out to dinner.
- Sunday I'm running my 3rd 5K in Maryland and will be enjoying a crab feast with my Dave, the kids, my parents, my youngest brother, my sis-in-law, and my niece.
- My sis-in-law and niece are then coming to hang out at our house for the following week. Lizann was nice enough to offer to watch the kids during my inservice days so I didn't have to find childcare for Dyl or pay for Zoe. I get out on Wednesday so then we will have a few days to hang out together too.
- Then Dave and I are heading to Key West on the 14th, all by ourselves. You know like an adult only trip. We have only done this one other time so to say we are a wee bit excited would be quite the understatement! My parents are watching the kids while we are gone so they are just as happy, which makes me even more happy.
- I'm planning on attending a Sun and Earth tour in Philly with some other mommybloggers.
- One day the kids and I are heading over to Cape May on the ferry to meet Elizabeth and Jen and go to the zoo.
- Oh and please let's not forget the many days on the beach!
WELCOME JUNE...I'm ecstatic that you are here!!
What's on your calendar for this month?