After yesterday's post I thought maybe it would be helpful to hear how people are tackling cutting costs. As I mentioned in that post, we have to do what we can with what we have. Here are a few ways that my family has been tackling the spending...
- Combining errands in order to use less gas. I drive 45 minutes to and from work going through local shopping areas. I try to run my errands throughout the week so on the weekends I don't have to drive hardly anywhere. I was thrilled when I made it a whole week on one tank of gas!!!
- Last year we purchased a digital thermometer. We set it to be much cooler during the day while we are at work and school and then have it warm up right before we get home. We also set it lower during the night.
- We're trying to watch our energy consumption by being more conscious of turning off lights, running the dishwasher, doing laundry, etc.
- I cancelled my housecleaners. It's tougher, but everybody has been pitching in and it's working.
- We cancelled our homeline and are just using our cell phones since that is what we always used anyways. Honestly nobody ever called our house unless it was an advertisement!
- Eating out much less.
- Taking time to think before we spend and not buying impulsively.
What about you? Are you trying to make better money decisions? What changes have you made to become more frugal?
Don't forget to visit 5minutesformom to read about what everybody else has been tackling this week!