Most importantly, I found out on Tuesday that I did NOT get the job. You know what? I am actually pretty relieved!! It's funny because people at my school have waited to see my reaction and when I tell them that I am happy with the results then they say "Yes!!, because I didn't want you to leave our school." Makes me feel very loved!! Honestly, as the days passed with me not knowing if I would get it or not, I found myself more and more not wanting the job. I have to clarify that I know I would have loved the job and would have kicked butt at it, if I do say so myself, however, I kept getting more and more upset about leaving the classroom, my awesome students this year, disappointing the parents, and leaving a school that I absolutely love filled with teachers who I am proud to call my co-workers and even some, friends. I knew that I had to interview for the job, otherwise I would regret it, but I am very happy with the outcome. I had been feeling unmotivated in my classroom as I kept putting off things that I would have normally been implementing because I didn't want to make it harder on my students or a new teacher if I did leave. So for the last part of this week I found myself becoming much more chipper and back to my old self, getting things rolling right along. I know God has plans for me so I'm just gonna sit tight and enjoy myself until I see what the path is that he wants me to follow. The principal of the other school that interviewed me did come to tell me in person they hired somebody else and commended for how well I did at my interview. It basically came down to the fact that the other person had a Reading Specialist Certificate already where I was going to have to get mine if I got the job. Otherwise, she said it would have been mine. That was good feeling knowing that only a piece of paper kept me from the job!!
There has been another issue that I have been dealing with in my profession that I am not going to share about because of confidentiality issues and it involving another person, but that was also resolved this week. The situation has been very hard for me to deal with and it was emotionally draining me so it is nice to know that it has been taken out of my hands. Unfortunately it did not turn out well for other people involved, which makes me very sad, but I truly believe that I did everything I could. At least by being part of this experience, I have learned much that I will be able to use in the future!
Fall is always a busy time around here with getting back into the school routine, Zoe's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Dylan's birthday, and then Christmas. I do quite a bit in school including a Book Report Party, a Thanksgiving dinner, and an evening Christmas play where my students families are invited to the classroom. Plus in the next month I'm organizing a New York trip for staff, have a couple parties to attend, and am planning a baby shower. Definitely not a dull moment, but look what I accomplished this week...
- Ordered and received Dylan's Janga Fett costume and Zoe found a Star Witch costume that she liked at Children's Place so Halloween costumes are pretty much done. I just need to get them shoes and Dylan needs some blasters for his costume.
- Planned Zoe's birthday party! I'm taking her and three of her little friends to a little girl spa where they are going to get make-up and manicures and be able to dress up in princess costumes. Afterwards I'm taking them out to dinner while they are all dressed up.
- We found a little kitty for Zoe's birthday present. She is adorable!! The lady who has her found her and is willing to keep her for the next few weeks until Zoe's birthday. She is still eating soft food and getting litter trained so that will make it even better when we get her!!
- Chose invitations and planned a baby shower with my girlfriends. Now I just need to take care of my part of the shower!
- Since I found out that I get to stay in my classroom I have set up weekly volunteers, started after school tutoring, organized reading centers, and have began a Literature Circle. Loving it all!!
- Took Dylan shopping for some winter clothes. He got a few pairs of pants after searching and searching. It's not easy finding clothes for a skinny boy! We got some cool stuff though so he was pretty happy.
The great thing about the week is that I didn't have any evening obligations besides Dylan's Open House last Tuesday. Other than that I got to come home in the evenings and just relax! It was a busy week, but fulfilling week and now I'm ready to tackle the rest of the school year or at least this coming week!!
How about you? How was your week? What did you accomplish?