Crazy Hip Blog Mamas is having a bread rally. I don't know about you, but I absolutely love carbs. Add a little chocolate and I am in heaven!!! So the bread recipe that I shared actually comes from Pampered Chef's "All the Best" Cookbook. I make this for Christmas gifts for my team and staff at school and a couple for myself every time I make a batch too!!
Double Chocolate Swirl Bread
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. white chocolate morsels chopped
2 pkg. Pillsbury French bread dough
1 egg white
1 tbsp water
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated, divided
1/2 c. white or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tsp. vegetable oil
Additional almonds or chocolate morsels
1. Preheat over to 375. For bread, lightly spray mini loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate morsels and place in a bowl.
2. Unroll one package of the bread dough on lightly floured surface, do not stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in small bowl; brush dough with a portion of the egg white mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate chips; roll lightly, pressing mixture into dough.
3. Unroll remaining package of dough directly over the first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal. Brush dough lightly with a portion of the egg white mixture. Grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly.
4. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly, pinching the edge to seal. Slice roll into four equal portions. Place one roll seam side down in a mini loaf fan. Make deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through the ends. Brush loafs with remaining egg white mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan and cool completely.
5. For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate morsels and oil in microwaveable container and microwave, uncovered, on high 30-40 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over loaves, sprinkling additional almonds and/or chocolate chips, if desired.
Makes 16 servings
FYI 4 WW points per slice